- Prepare the soil making it to a fine tilth,by raking it.
- Mark out the row, with a shallow drill about 5cm deep is about right.
- With poor soil you may want to add compost to the bottom of the drill.
- Water the row before sowing the seeds.
- The seeds for French beans are a good size, so you can pick them up one at a time and place them into the planting drill. Place your seeds about 15cm. apart. along the row.
- Now cover your seeds with soil or compost.
- Water along the row of freshly planted seeds.
Some varieties of French beans will produce a crop in about eight weeks.