November Tasks on the Plot.
It may seem that the autumn-winter months is the time when you can hang up the garden tools and put away the gardening gloves. After years of growing our own food on the allotment, it has become obvious that the clearing up and preparation we do now benefits us and the allotment. Work done now gives us an allotment better prepared for the next growing season.
Jobs List - things we are doing on the allotment.
We have -
- Cleared the soil of the weeds that have emerged since we removed most of the crops.
- Improved the growing conditions in the raised beds by adding compost and removing any weeds that had germinated since removing the plants.
- Cut back some of the autumn raspberry canes.
- Attempting to catch up on any jobs we missed doing in the past months because of the weather.
- Adding well rotted horse manure to the hungry feeders like rhubarb and fruiting plants.