I do not put ads on my blog but do have a counter that shows me how many visits the pages get. (The stats. count is just there so I can see if I am 'talking' to myself, luckily so far this has not happened.) By continuing your visit here you are consenting to the stats. counter tracking cookies. Cookies, that sounds like something nice to eat but not that exciting.

Growing Your Own Fruit and Vegetables

We grow our own fruit and vegetables for our meals for as much of the year as we can. Without a greenhouse we have to buy shop food in the winter months but in the spring, summer and autumn we often have enough to share with family and friends.

Read about growing your fruit and vegetables here on my growing your own food pages.

Sunday 14 February 2010

Reasons to eat more fruit and vegetables and less red meat...

As well as writing here I write on HubPages as you will see from my links.

In the process of finding out information for one of my pieces of writing I have found a web-site - I would like as many people as possible to take a look at it is about eating a healthy diet.

The web-site I have  posted a link above this one to it has many pieces of sound and practical advice about helping yourself by diet choices and other minor life changes to help prevent cancer. It expalins on other pages what the steps you can take to reduce your risk of different types of cancer by making small changes to  diets, getting exercise etc.

It is a genuine site and I have no connection with it apart from the fact that someone I love - one of my parents  died from cancer. Please spend five minutes looking at the advice on the pages, thank you.

a healthy potato plant in flower

a healthy potato plant in flower
photo of potatoes in flower

home grown carrots.. grown from seed

home grown carrots.. grown from seed
photo of my first bunch of carrots 2009

Even a small batch of mixed fruit can be useful

Even a small batch of mixed fruit can be useful
Home Grown Fruit can be made into delicious compote