List of things that you can put on a compost heap:
- Banana skins.
- Peelings of vegetables and fruits such as apples.
- Tea bags (when the bag is made of paper.)
- Kitchen towel (that is clean and not tainted e.g. by chemicals or meat.)
Other household waste that can be composted:
- Brown paper bags.
- Brown cardboard.
- Bedding from rabbits and guinea pigs.
- organic cotton e.g.old clothes
- grass cuttings where the grass has not been treated e.g. with weed or moss killer.
- Prunings and clippings from the garden.
If you turn these into compost you will get a useful mulch for your garden from items that would have ended up in your household rubbish bin.
= You gain compost and save on what is sent to landfill sites.